ON, London - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 07:08 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 1993 190e (2.3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I too have recently purchased a used 93 Benz (190e) and have had service done at Fanshawe Motors on Hyde Park Rd in north London. Busy guys who work on BMW and Volvo mostly, but are well versed with the Benz as well....fair pricing and great work!
They are busy for a reason!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:27 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
Vehicle: 04 CLK500 Cabriolet(sold), 02 ML500(current), 03 E500(current)
I agree about Fanshawe Motors on Hyde Park Rd. However, theres also Hyde Park Motors just down the street on Hyde Park(2-3KM) right on the intersection of Hyde Park and Fanshawe Roads.. Very very experienced mechanics esp with ALL Benz models..they're even more reasonably priced than Fanshawe Motors and know more about Benz cars than Fanshawe.. I tried both
Now, about the London Dealer, they are the biggest bunch of a-holes in the entire world, so is Windsor dealer just as nasty as London(maybe due to having a US car also).. But, if youre making the trip from London to Windsor, why not make the few extra miles to ANY detroit dealer?? They are ALL much cheaper for parts (almost half price in many cases) and they do get to the bottom of any prob you may have.. I still go to the Benz dealer in St. Clair Shores on 9 Mile Rd E in Detroit until today... Very professional people and you will notice what I am talking about as soon as you open any of their doors.
Otherwise, Victoria Star Motors is a privately owned Benz dealer in the Kitchener area that will treat you very nice which I guess it goes back to being a "private" dealership.. maybe
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 05:12 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2011
Vehicle: R350 Bluetec - W251 - 2012
Don't agree with the adverse comments about the MB dealer service in Windsor. Although I have R series first registered in Florida, and of course MB Canada regard this as a "foreign" vehicle, Overseas Motors provide excellent service. Of course MB dealer service work is not inexpensive, but in my experience both their work and customer responsiveness is very good.

Last edited by pedra; 10-29-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: mistake
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1981 500 SLC AMG, 1997 SL500 AMG
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I am looking forward to seeing many changes happen at the London Mercedes dealer since being purchased by Brian Finch as it can only improve from what it was, though I am still not ready to take my car there.

Shaun
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 07:58 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2011
Vehicle: 2003 S430 4-MATIC with AMG package
Smile MB corporate sold London MB dealership to Brian Finch Group

Now that the Brian Finch Auto Group owns the London MB dealership, I've heard that service has improved a whole lot. Has anyone from here hear or experience any great difference?

Also, has anyone tried a "performance chip" installed in their MB and had good experience with it?
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 2010 C300 4matic
London MB dealer

As others noted, the London MB dealer is now owned by the Finch Auto group. The other dealers they own include GM and Hyundai. For me, the jury Is still out if service is better or worse. I have always had good to great service but I usually deal with the service advisor named Marcus. Great at his job and has exceeded my expectations a time or two.

One good thing that did occur their recently was during my looking into buying a used ML from them a week or 2 ago. I ended up emailing Ryan Finch, the president, on another topic and when he found out I was looking into the ML, he got involved and increased the likelihood of a deal. He was attentive to my notes. That was a good sign. In the end, I didnt buy it because their offer for my trade in was too low, and not by much. Oh well.

Anyway, I have had an overall pleasant experience with that dealer for 5 years.

KG

KGmatic
'10 C300 4matic
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 02:45 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2011
Vehicle: 2005 SL500
I have recently taken my 2005 SL500 to London MB dealership for service on the ABC system. They diagnosed it & had me return a week later to flush the system. I am also dealing with Markus. I went back a week later & after 2 hrs. in the shop I was told that they didn't flush the system because the pump was dead. Markus informed me a new pump , $2400 , suspension ball $300 & fluid , the total cost before tax would be $3300. I found them very friendly & informative. I bought the car in Etobicoke & I live in Sarnia. There are no garages in Sarnia that handle mercedes Benz repairs other than normal engine or transmission work. I was wondering if there are any shops in London that are knowledgable & good at all MB repairs & a bit less costly. I have an appointment on the 31 May for my pump replacement at the dealership. Any replies greatly appreciated.

Ter
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2011
Vehicle: 2003 S430 4-MATIC with AMG package
Other service shops

I've taken my Benz to Jim at Wortley Road Auto. He is a very trustworthy guy. He'll explain to you all there is to know about the part that's to be repaired or exchanged. If he does not know enough about it, he will either look up the information (no extra charge), or he will refer you to places where they can help you more.
Another place I've been to a couple of times is Hyde Park Motors. These guys are from the former Yugoslavia, I believe some of the guys even worked in the Mercedes Factory back in the good old days. Good bunch of guys. I had them to change a blower motor on my last MB, they got me an after-market motor which was just as efficient as the original part (well, you know, Mercedes has most parts made by sub-contractor shops all over the world, so it's not like these shops can't manufacture the same part without the Mercedes logo), but for much less money.
If you go to see Jim, tell him you've heard of him from Rob @ Tempered Glass Canada (dot com)
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Thank you very much Rob. I will definately look into these places next time I'm in London. I will mention you when I'm there
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 02:50 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I am a bit curious about something. When I took my SL500 to London about the pump replacement they informed me that besides the pump & fluid , they wre replacing the suspension ball ( $330 ). Can anyone tell me what the suspension ball is? Thanx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in