BC, Vancouver - Page 14 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Premium Member
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 1989 560SEC AMG Euro / 1997 S500 / 1991 500 SL Euro / 1991 500 SL Japan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Premium Member
Yes, that's Milo.

Henneken has two phone numbers, check the website. I believe one is in the shop itself and is more for outgoing calls.
Sponsored Links
post #132 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2015
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by cyberdyne View Post
Yes, that's Milo.

Henneken has two phone numbers, check the website. I believe one is in the shop itself and is more for outgoing calls.
I tried both numbers and both are busy. Are they closed or something?
post #133 of 136 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 01:27 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jun 2013
Vehicle: 1998 E300TD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Hans at Henneken usually picks up right away and he's good to deal with. Maybe they are closed for vacation? I have found on two occasions though they have recommended work be done that was totally unnecessary. The work they did do for me was done well, but for that reason, and the fact they are no longer conveniently located for me since I switched jobs, I won't be back.

Milo is off Fraser on Kingsway, no where near Burnaby. He's been around a long time, so must be good at something. He re-painted my parents car back in the early 90s, other than that I can't speak to his work. He's very close to me, but when I called to ask about getting some work done, no one returned my call.

Any work that I don't do myself I now take to Norwescan, which IS in Burnaby. The head mechanic Victoria really knows her German cars, and every time I have gone they have over exceeded my expectations and under-cut my expected costs!
post #134 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 06:45 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 2006 ML350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had Norwescan do some work on my ML after this thread's recommendations.

As I pulled up and walked in, my first impression was very poor and I contemplated turning around and walking away right there and then. The place looks like a dump - tons of boxes, random parts, broken computers and disassembled hard drives, papers and all kinds of crap everywhere, barely enough room for a person to turn around, flies landing on you, and two ancient chairs for customers - both black from filth (not exaggerating). I wasn't expecting a premier dealership, but damn!

On the other hand, Victoria really knows her stuff. She seemed rather disorganized, but very, very knowledgeable about MBs, very upfront (even talked me out of doing some unnecessary work which I initially wanted her to do), and reasonable in what she charged me. Pleasant to deal with, so long as you're not in a rush (constantly getting distracted, running around, etc.) - took over 30 minutes just to get a error code scan printout, pay and leave (with no other customers present).

Having looked over the car when getting home, I noticed that some of the foam/rubber sound dampening under two panels in the trunk had been ripped and subsequently taped up with regular box-packing tape. It was necessary to re/move this material for the work I had done, but doing so without ripping it would have been nicer (it was ripped and taped identically on both sides of the car). Similarly, I've got custom-made cloth covering the back of the rear seats (to protect them from dog hair) and this wasn't put back in proper place, resulting in a part of it being ripped when the seat back locked into place. Certainly not the end of the world, but does show a certain level of apathy, and I'm a bit concerned about the state of things I can't see/don't have access to.

So in summary: likely the go-to place for diagnosing tough MB problems, electrical gremlins and the like - Victoria's knowledge is outstanding. Probably not the place I'd go to for basic service or simple mechanical remove & replace type jobs.

Last edited by kerunt; 07-31-2015 at 06:47 PM.
post #135 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 06:54 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1977 450 SEL 6.9
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Guys any tips on good junk yards to get old Benz parts at? Really sucks that the Pick n Pull have closed all their Lower Mainland locations.
post #136 of 136 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 01:29 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Aug 2016
Vehicle: 93,94,95 E320 and 96 C220
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Dikdaan View Post
Guys any tips on good junk yards to get old Benz parts at? Really sucks that the Pick n Pull have closed all their Lower Mainland locations.
Ace German
6077 Trapp Ave, Burnaby
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: