Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2009 CLS 550 Advice

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  vvrjrlaw 
#1 ·
BenzWorld,

I'M Rob Scharp, I currently drive a 2006 Acura RL. In the past few months I have been looking at the CLS, I think it is the most attractive vehicle to date. I finally found a 2009 CLS 550 in the white exterior with tan leather interior. It currently has 80,360 miles. The dealer is asking $19,995, and it has a clean carfax with all the proper service done. I have owned Acura's all my life and no nothing about the CLS. Are their any common problems around 80k miles and beyond that I should know about. I'm very very interested and would buy it now, but I'm just nervous about repair and service costs. Please Help! Thank you.

#2 ·
You want to take the car for a ride. Unfortunately you can't "check the dipstick" of either the engine oil or trans for signs of wear. The 7 speed had bugs that were eventually worked out but you want to feel for slippage. If you plan on owning the car and you're not independently wealthy you need some good quality scanning equipment for it as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.