Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

is my window regulator gone bad?

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Zoran Ninkovic 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Today I pulled down the front passenger window and it did make a lot of squeaky noise when doing so. I then got the window back up but when I tried to take the window down again nothing happens? The window motor only makes a grinding noise like the window jumped out of the motor mechanism as it does not follow the motor?

Or is the window regulator broken? If I push the window button the motor still runs but makes a terrible grinding noise and nothing happens with the window.

Is it worth to take off the door panel and check if I can put the window back in "place" so the motor will run the window?

thanks for your help :smile

#2 ·
Hi,

I figure you have the answer yet but yes, cables on window regulator mechanism are broken (a very common seekness on W219). You have to take the door panel off, remove the whole mechanism and window and replace the regulator, motor can be kept, it has no damage. I think there is a DIY on this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.