Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

any CLS owners with 20" have problems with rims

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Markdm3 
#1 ·
I currently have the stock 18" AMG wheels on my CLS and want to upgrade to 20", but I've heard that some rims are stronger than others (2pc vs. 3pc...). Any one have troble with their rims getting bent easy....going over tracks or pot holes?

#3 ·
I Fully Agree With Kevin. Also, If You Have 3 Pc And Bend One Part Of The Wheel Beyond Repair You Can Just Fix That Piece Of The Wheel.

They Do Have 2pc Wheels With A 3 Piece Look Now. This Will Eliminate The Chance Of The Barrel Leaking And Makes The Set Of Rims About $1k Cheaper. A Lot Of People Think Its A Good Compromise Between A 1 Pc And 3 Pc. I Personally Went With A 3pc

#4 ·
Flexibility is there with 3 piece wheels and I have not had any issues personally. The roads of Miami are easier to work with than in many other cities. Avoiding this issue with any wheel has to do in some way with how drivers handle their cars. The lower profile tire and larger wheel make you more susceptible to bends and dings. Depending where you live and how you drive, I would discourage you to get a 20" wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.