Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Just signed for a brand new .. .

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  CLS55 
#1 ·
CLS 55 AMG!

So it was finally decided that the M5, and the Quattroporte were not as eye popping as the CLS55!!

Options:
Laurel Wood
Ashtray (although I hope it wont replace a cupholder or something like that)
Park-tronic
Harmon Kardon
Command
Car Cover
Blue Illuminated Door sills (Mercedes-Benz)
Barolo Red/Java

Now its all about waiting out till May for the car!!

We did not to opt for the Designo options, since everyone including the dealer was advising against it. PLUS, I have yet to see the Desgino packages available in Canada. . . maybe I might pop in and DEMAND to see them.

If anyone has pics of the AMG Nappa Java interior that would be great!! Also if there are any Barelo CLS pics out there good enough for a desktop wallpaper.

The next for months are gonna be long!!! I had to wait 9 months for my C32, this was before AMG had their factory renovations.[:)]

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah I wish I had the time for the Euro delivery again.

I did something similar to that when I purchased my 03 C32.

I still have the pics, but have been to lazy to scan them in. I almost got my camera taken away by th AMG security! I managed to get pics of the garage, back when it was only a small garage.

#4 ·
emcstd - 12/16/2005 7:55 AM

Yeah I wish I had the time for the Euro delivery again.

I did something similar to that when I purchased my 03 C32.

I still have the pics, but have been to lazy to scan them in. I almost got my camera taken away by the AMG security! I managed to get pics of the garage, back when it was only a small garage.
do they allow you to bring cameras and video cameras in, or is it prohibited? You really should post those pics emcstd. They are probably really cool. I really want to see what it looks like.

#5 ·
Sorry to pry but i noticed u optioned the ashtray and said that you hoped it didnt replace a cup holder, and im just wondering why you optioned it ?

#10 ·
dahappybanana - 1/9/2006 5:17 PM

Awesome car, once you have done the proper break in, 1000 miles usually, be sure to disengage ESP, goto Sport II Airmatic suspension and have some fun [:D]
haha. yes. the only thing is that he can't completely disengage the ESP, because mercedes makes it so you can't completely turn off the traction control. But definately. You have got to have some fun with that CLS.

#11 ·
1996_s500 - 1/1/2006 2:54 PM

do they allow you to bring cameras and video cameras in, or is it prohibited? You really should post those pics emcstd. They are probably really cool. I really want to see what it looks like.
Yeah I wanted to post them, but they are film pics, not digital. I could scan them, but I am too lazy. I brought them to a Toronto C-Class meet a while back.

The ashtray, this was the sales persons choice, he said just get it then you can do whatever you want with it.

Will buy camera and post pics of the car as soon as it comes. Its supposed to be built on Jan 3rd. So I am expecting it to be at my dealer by the end of Jan. This is earlier than I expected.

Thanks for the comments.[:)]

#12 ·
1996_s500 - 1/9/2006 9:40 PM

Awesome car, once you have done the proper break in, 1000 miles usually, be sure to disengage ESP, goto Sport II Airmatic suspension and have some fun [:D]
haha. yes. the only thing is that he can't completely disengage the ESP, because mercedes makes it so you can't completely turn off the traction control. But definately. You have got to have some fun with that CLS.
I know you can't, really you disengage the traction control moreso then stability control. With a car like the CLS as long as the roads are good you aren't going to have stability problems though. At any rate do the break-in, some people will say that AMGs don't need break-in, but I believe them to be very wrong. Break-in is not only for the engine, but the whole car. Break-in can't do any harm, not doing one could.

#13 ·
dahappybanana - 1/12/2006 6:54 PM

1996_s500 - 1/9/2006 9:40 PM

I know you can't, really you disengage the traction control moreso then stability control. With a car like the CLS as long as the roads are good you aren't going to have stability problems though. At any rate do the break-in, some people will say that AMGs don't need break-in, but I believe them to be very wrong. Break-in is not only for the engine, but the whole car. Break-in can't do any harm, not doing one could.
yea. The break in period of the car's life is very important. Regardless of what car you have, there is a break in period when it is new. If you don't, it could cause serious problems later...

Plus, if you drive slow, you get good fuel economy. haha[:)]

#16 ·
CLS55 - 1/18/2006 5:56 PM

You actually can shut the ESP completely off, the only problem is you also shut off the ABS at the same time.
Do explain.

Congrats on the new CLS55 AMG emcstd!!!

AsianML

#17 ·
It's done thru the menu.
I can't remember off hand, next time i take the car out i'll try and refresh my memory. The car has been garaged for the last six weeks,I live in the northeast. I bought the car on Nov 30, drove it for 3 days and then the weather turned bad...it's been garaged ever since.
My MB salesman showed me how to do it. (he's a real AMG gearhead)

#18 ·
CLS55 - 1/18/2006 6:14 PM

It's done thru the menu.
I can't remember off hand, next time i take the car out i'll try and refresh my memory. The car has been garaged for the last six weeks,I live in the northeast. I bought the car on Nov 30, drove it for 3 days and then the weather turned bad...it's been garaged ever since.
wow. Three days. November 30. you must be very good at resisting temptation.

#21 ·
CLS55 said:
It's done thru the menu.

Update on this subject,

You can completely turn off ESP by putting it in dyno mode but you also lose your ABS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.