Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Active Blind Spot Assist Sensor

15K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DaveinRaleigh 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever replaced one of these on their own? I'm getting an "active blind spot assist is inoperable" warning when I start the car. If you have, are you aware of how to troubleshoot/determine which sensor has gone bad? My local MB shop wants $700+ for the part, which I believe is 000 905 0110. If anyone can confirm that I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for any input others here can give!

#3 ·
Had mine replaced 2 times already within 3 years and they are due to be replaced again. Mercedes should not put technology components they cannot ensure reliability of. As soon as the car goes off Warranty I will have the sensors to be disabled and will have to do without the feature as $1,200 a year for those is too much. They should steal sensor design from any other car manufacturer (plenty) who did master this serious shortfall This is only issue with my E550 (2014) but it is rather extensively annoying. Bad for Benzes reputation of technology leader.

#4 ·
Good for a single year

Under harsh winter conditions those sensors last about one year. Had them replaced twice now on a E550 2014 and they are due again.

The car will come under no warranty coverage this fall and I will ask the dealer to disable them as I cannot afford to pay $1,500 a year for those one.

This is a technology that Benz did not master yet (obvious) and should not offer the feature for any car sold where winters conditions are not gentle. Shame on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.