Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

seat features

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  darbysan 
#1 ·
Gents
Does the seat lumbar and bolster adjustments depend on the air system (as in the doors)? My trunk and passenger door air works. My drivers door unit needs replacement. the seat lumbar and bolster adjustments don't work neither does the "pulse" or massaging features. Any thoughts advice is appreciated.
Thanks,

Tom

#3 ·
Well, it's been five years, and nobody has responded yet, but here's hoping somebody has actually learned something about these symptoms, and how to address them - as my own CL55 is showing the same problem! :)

The "Pulse" indicator lights go on for both the passenger and driver's seats, but neither actually has any effect?
I imagine the pneumatic system has failed for the seats, and I'm guessing it mustn't be conjoined to the door/trunk compression system.

Anyone have any insights to offer?

Thanks in advance!

Johnny

#4 ·
The system used to raise the rear headrests and to open/close the doors and trunk is the same system used for the seats.

The "Pulse" indicator lights go on for both the passenger and driver's seats, but neither actually has any effect?
Can you hear something hissing anywhere?
Does the pump fire on when you press the button?

#6 ·
Strange, please do update your profile with the specs of your car.

I would try to locate the air pressure line to check if there is any air pressure when there is supposed to be any.
I'm not sure what needs to be removed in order to do so though, I would suggest that you get hands on a WIS/EPC installation for that

#7 ·
Leaks in the lumbar / seat bolsters is common, and will cause the pump to run more than necessary if not addressed.
The same pump works all of the systems- locks, doors, trunk latch, headrests and lumbar / pulse. If the system detects a leak in any one of the circuits, after a couple of bad tries on that circuit it disables that branch to save the pump. You can pull the fuse ( back seat behind the passenger seat), 20 amp fuse, and see if that resets the system. IF it does, don't expect it to remain operational beyond a few days if there is a leak, as it will automatically disable. If you have access to STAR, then you can look at the pneumatic system trouble codes and see if the seat shows a failure.

If that doesn't work, it may be that the Seat Pneumatics have been disabled using STAR, to prevent pump failure. I disabled mine for this reason, as a small leak can cause the pump to run many times during the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.