Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2002 CL500 Reset "Brake Lining" "Visit Workshop" warning on dash?

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CL55 NC 
#1 ·
Hello,

Thanks for all the great information on this site. I've searched the site and can't find this mentioned before.

I replaced the brake pads (front and back) on my 2002 CL500. The fronts were well worn, and the rears still had some life left.

After the job was done, the "Brake Lining Wear", "Visit Workshop" warning continued on the dash every time the car is started. Since I had not used genuine MB Sensors, I replaced the sensors hoping the warning would go away. It did not.

I saw a post here recently telling someone to "reset the esp and abs, turn the steering wheel from left lock to right lock holding it for a few seconds and it will turn the warning lights off on the dash" - so, I'm going to try that next.

Is a STAR Computer required to reset the warning, or is it just the sensors?

Any ideas here?

Thanks again!

See less See more
#2 ·
It could be that you have recieved some faulty sensors. Usually the new Benz Sensors plug in and clear the message. I believe there are 2 sensors for the front and 1 in the rear... Did u replace all 3? If so, try and hold the R button on your dash for several seconds while you have the break lining wear message up on the screen. Always go with Benz genuine sensors... they are the only reasonably priced element to a Merc brake job :) Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.