Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Looking to buy Cl500, need advise??

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  xhino87 
#1 ·
Hi all, ive been looking at a 2001 CL500 with 80k miles on it at this local chevy dealership, probably a trade in maybe. Their asking $16,000 for it and im very tempted to buy it because this is my dream car. Does anyone know of any potential problems with these cars?? i dont want to buy it and find out later that the air suspension needs to be replaced at 100k miles or any other major mechanical defects that might be common in these cars. If anyone has any advise or comments they will be greatly appreciated. thanks

#2 ·
I just picked up my new 2003 CL500 yesterday. It has 34k miles. I just can't stop smiling... It is an absolutely amazing car. I did extensive research on these cars and they are not problem free by any means. I bought it knowing that there is a good chance that the car will develop some problems in the future. The suspension system (ABC) seems to be the most problem prone and expensive system. I am planning on getting the ABC system flushed and a new 3 micron filter installed within the next 12 months. Hopefully it will prevent some future problems. I hear the flush alone runs around a grand. Good luck with your decision.

#6 ·
yea i actually offered them 11 cash but they said hell no hahah but im glad because 80k miles is too much and im sure problems will arise in the next 20-30k miles ill save up some more money and get something low milage, i love like a 2005 cl55 amg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.