Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Instrument cluster won't turn off

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rudeney 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 CLK350 W209, and for quite some time now (at least 6 months), the instrument cluster will not turn off when I turn off the car, remove the key (keyless start) but take the key away from the car, close the door, lock the car, etc. It will just stay on and drain the battery (if its longer than 12 hours or so, the battery will go down enough that I can't start it without a jump). Only way I can get it off is to remove the fuse. I'm no mechanic, and not very handy with cars. I took it to a certified Mercedes repair place (not a dealer), and they couldn't really figure it out, wanted me to replace the cluster (at $1100 or something ridiculous), so, Ive taken to just removing the fuse. Its a real hassle though, so was hoping someone on here might have some idea of what is wrong and suggestions for fixing it. My first ever post here, hoping you guys can help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.