Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2009 CLK350 option list and brake rotors

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dm_n_stuff 
#1 ·
Ok,

I've searched, I've spent an hour on the internet googling, and I'm a little stumped. My car has the following options:

P01 Premium Package
321 Sport Package
520 DVD Command
050 bluetooth Hands-Free

I've managed to decode/decipher all but the nitty gritty details of the 321 option, and only found one post here with any mention of it, but here's the deal.

I want to pick up new front and rear brake rotors. Gonna need brake pads soon, and I want to swap out the rotors as well.

So, front rotors 345mm, vented, cross drilled? Or 330mm vented and cross drilled? My best guess is 345mm, but I don't have anything definitive.

Rear rotors 290mm, vented, not cross drilled, but stoptech seems to make them drilled and vented, which I'd like to retrofit as much for looks as increased braking. But I can't find stoptech 345mm front rotors at all EXCEPT on Stoptech's website. I assume I could get a ST dealer to order them for me.

So, I'm looking for confirmation on this.

If it helps VIN is WDBTJ56H69F268838, I've already run it, and it really didn't make this question any clearer for me.

Thanks in advance.

D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Those are "sales coded" from the window sticker. Here's your datacard:

http://benzbits.com/datacard/WDBTJ56H69F268838.pdf

Your car has the sport suspension package (code 486). The CLK350 can be a bit confusing as it has three different brake options - the base, the upgraded V8 version, and the sport suspension setup. Just make sure you look for brakes with the sport suspension option. And that is not to be confused with the "sport appearance package" a.k.a. "AMG styling package", code 772.

When deciding on drilled and/or slotted, stock is drilled front, solid rear, but plenty of people go with drilled rears or eve D+S front and rear. I like D+s and that's what I usually run on my cars when replacing rotors. You'll get a but more noise and/or vibration during hard stops, but I like the feel better than stock. There's plenty to read about pros and cos for drilled and/or slotted rotors, but generally, if you are track racing, then it's a personal/aesthetic decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.