Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sunvsior micro switch replacement

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  rudeney 
#1 ·
My passenger side sun visor intermittently does not trigger the light bulb in the headliner. I have checked the connection via multi meter and seems the micro switch behind the vanity mirror is malfunctioning. It gets 12V. If I jiggle the switch button a bit the light comes on. Does any one have a link to a place I can order that part? Thanks.

#2 ·
For reference the switch looks similar to the blue one shown here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/3369613-post23.html. The difference is my switch's poles are on the 2 ends (i.e. the middle pole does not exist). I think this is possibly due to my switch operating as closed when the plunger/button is up and open when the plunger/button is down. I think the one shown operates in reverse but not sure.

Anyhow, any direction/help is appreciated.

#5 ·
I can't attach pictures, but in my visor the cassette (with the mirror) hinges have no connection with the switch itself. I am fairly confident the switch is the bad element. We'll see. The only thing is that the existing switch is a "Normally Closed" version (SPST-NC; Single Pole Single Throw Normal Closed). I don't think the manufacturer makes that model anymore. They only make the 1500.0202 model I listed which has an extra pin (SPDT; Single Pole Double Throw) in the middle. I will have to cut the pin or break the housing in the cassette a bit to make it all work. Anyhow, the order is in. Not sure when I'll get the order but I'll post progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.