Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Passenger main headlight issue

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  keyhole 
#1 ·
Hi all

2004 clk320. Passenger headlight is out. This is the main light for driving. I replaced with a new H7 and still doesn't work. I swapped the working drivers side one to it and it still doesn't work? Drivers side light and all other lights work? I don't see corrosion or anything like that? Car is well maintained. Is there a fuse? Location? Any ideas?

Thank you!!!

#4 ·
There are no fuses for the headlights. They are electronically controlled by the front SAM. If this were an HID light, an H7 bulb would not fit.

My guess is you have a bad wiring harness. Heat from the bulbs and age can make them brittle and prone to breaking.

#6 ·
clkasht

This post shows the confusion caused by not specifying exactly what features you have on your car and as rudeney states, you probably do not have Bi-xenons.

Can you follow a circuit diagram? This WIS diagram below is one of 6 diagrams that cover the operation of Front SAM N10/1, which drives the front lights.

Page 1 covers the arrangement for halogen lights. Bi-xenon lights are on page 2 inside dotted box referenced U501, so ignore that area.

E2e1 is your rght side high beam. You can check-out the loom with a testmeter set to the ohms range.,The path apparently not working is:

from N10/1 connector 5 pin 5 - to lamp E2 socket 3.

However I doubt that the loom is damaged, or that the SAM is faulty, and I would concentrate on the lamp socket for minor corrosion.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.