Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2005 CLK 320 - Radio, navigation, etc.

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fred-NJ 
#1 ·
I'm a newbie. I generally love my 2005 CLK. However, I wish that I had a modern in-dash radio/navigation system. Has anyone replaced there existing radio with a modern navigation system. For example, is there a way to install a newer Mercedes Command navigation system into my old 2005 clk. If so does anyone know the cost? I would like to avoid to avoid and aftermarket navigation system that looks like it doesn't belong in a Mercedes.

Thanks in advance, newbie.

#2 ·
If you look in the audio and telematics section, you'll find loads of advice on what can and cannot be done.

It's a bit of a minefield I'm afraid, and to be honest your options are quite limited, as M-B used their own fiber-optic based system for bouncing signals between components.

There aren't many options, either, for fitting newer genuine M-B units in older cars as the shape of the hole provided changed quite a bit over the years.

As for fitting after-market, yes, it can be done, and there are some very nice modern units out there, but you're probably looking at the thick end of $2K if you want to retain all of your speakers, and possible loss of some functionalities (steering wheel controls, that display that pops up in the middle of the speedo, for example) if you go down this route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.