Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

washer jets

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  djalessi 
#1 ·
Hi does anyone know how to remove the washer jets from a clk c209
year 2006 I have removed the 3 allien screws but it still does not come
out also is there 1 or 2 brake wear sensors on this model

#2 ·
You must be very specific when asking technical questions here... There are windshield washers and headlamp washers.

Assuming you are referring to the windshield washers, can we then believe that you have opened the hood and removed 3 screws from the air intake grille? You did not say that.

Next move is to open the cable strap and close the hood.

Now release 4 clips on one side and lift the grille upwards. The clips may break so prepare to replace them. This will allow access to the 2 windshield washer nozzles, which can then be unclipped.

#6 ·
H
Can anyone please tell me how to remove/replace the Windshield (windscreen) Washer Nozzles on a CLK320 2004 (w209)?
I looked under the hood (bonnect) and there's no assembly that I can remove to see the washers like in the older models.
The hood/bonnect inner layer is fixed and cannot be separated from the actual hood/bonnet.
The only way I can get to the Windshield Washers is by removing the grill from the top.
I tried to do that by removing the 3 screws from the bottom, but the grill seemed to be stuck in place with some clips...
I didn't force it out in fear that I might break the clips.

Please tell me how I can remove this Windshield Washer Grill.

Thanks
DJ

#8 ·
Thank you Rodney. Much appreciated.

I removed the washer grill and checked the wiring and connections. All ok.

After cleaning the washer nozzles, I tried to squirt water on the windshield, and water squirted out on the grill. didn't have enough boost to reach the windshield.

Is there a fuse specific for the washer nozzles electrical assembly? if so, where do I find it?

Thanks
David.

#9 ·
Is there a fuse specific for the washer nozzles electrical assembly? if so, where do I find it?
No dedicated fuse for this service.

There is a pump motor M5/1 on the windscreen washer reservoir for the windscreen washer water. Plus another, M5/2, if you also have the Headlamp Cleaning System that comes with the Bi-xenon lights.

Both are powered from Front SAM N10/1, the fuse of which must be OK right now. You might have a blockage in the tubing from the reservoir, or the pump might be faulty. You possibly also have the facility for the windscreen water to be heated. My UK model has this, and that could be blocked.

Get somone the press the WW switch while you pull off the hose and check for adequate water pressure.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.