Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Shifting problem

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  rudeney 
#1 · (Edited)
Was driving yesterday doing about 35mph on S mode and was about to take the ramp onto the highway and it just came out of gear felt like it was stuck in N while I was in D. I pulled over put it back in P then D and it was in gear so I put it back in P cut the motor off and then turn the motor back on and put it in D and drove fine with no issue but once in awhile the RPM get stuck at a certain range. After reading and reading that the conductor plate goes bad. I just order a new one. I also forgot to mention that I had the front main seal inside the transmission replace back in July.

I was wondering what else should I look into beside the conductor plate?

#3 ·
I just had the dealer checked the fluid and everything looks good. One of the tech is going to replace the trans conductor plate at his house next week sometime.

The car been driving fine on C mode the past few days now.

#4 ·
I'd also have the TCU codes pulled just to make sure it's not something else. Oh, check the TCU itself for oil intrusion. Since you had a leaking seal on the electrical connector, oil could have wicked into the TCU.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.