Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

crankshaft position sensor location?

11K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  diam0ndb0y 
#1 ·
ok, so i was driving home today and all of a sudden, the engine shut off! luckily i was able to get out of the flow of traffic but just barely. tried restarting the car but the engine would just turn and turn, but never fire up. anyway, after about 15 min of phone calls and trying to figure out what to do with her, i tried one last time and she magically started. i raced home with the "check engine light on" and got the car parked in the garage. examined and tried starting her up again, but to no avail again... engine turned, turned and turned but no start.

so instead of going to the dealer, i do what i always do and came to benzworld first. hahaha. after researching the issue, it seems like the crankshaft position sensor (kps) is probably the culprit. i also get the feeling i could probably change this myself as well. however, could someone please tell me where in the engine of my '04 clk500 (w209) it is?

thanks!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.