Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SOS return to shop error

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 CLK500. When I tried to start it after sitting all winter, the battery was dead. Charged it up, everything works well except I have an SOS error msg. It's an hour and a half to the shop, is there any way to reset the error without going to the shop?
Charlie:(

#2 ·
Charlie,

I read a post a few days ago about someone saying that the battery could be disconnected and then step on the brake for 30 seconds. I have no idea if it works as I have not tried it but I believe it came up in a post about a loose gas cap.

Good luck,
Chris

#3 ·
Are you thinking about the ECU reset procedure?

1. Turn the ignition key to posn 2 (not start) position.
2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.
3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.
4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.

But I'm not sure if that will reset your SOS message. That is a USA feature.

#4 · (Edited)
If the fault is not present then disconnect the battery for 20 mins and this should remove the fault code. But you may have to reset the windows and sunrood etc as per the owners manual afterwards.
If the fault is present then disconnecting the battery will do no good and repairs will be required.

#8 ·
Looks like you will need a diagnostic test done with sds. sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.