Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

mp3 capability

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rederikus 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I put an 05 ntg2 nav unit in my car recently. Also i have a 6 disc changer in the glovebox. It said on the spec sheet that the car is mp3 capable, however, whenever i put in an mp3 cd in the comand or the cdc (even with only 1 song on the entire cd) it gives me cd error. Are 05 facelifted models mp3 capable??
If it is how can i get it to work correctly

#3 ·
Not sure that this will be 100% helpful but here goes.

My 06 CLK has an Audio 20. I do not have COMAND APS (navigation) but I also have the CD changer.

The built-into-the-radio CD player will only play Audio CDs and it displays Track 1 ....n as each track plays.

The CD changer plays both audio CDs and data CDs containing mp3s. Whne selected each track (up to 100 per CD) will play and each track is dispp;ayed as Track n on the display. The song title is not displayed because the system cannot read the ID3 tag inside each mp3 file.

I suspect that your problem may lie in the way your CDs are being made. You should try using 700MB CDs and use the standard Windows CD burner or CD XPBurner CDBurnerXP: Introduction and News which is free and works well.

Put only a few songs on your first test disk and make sure that you select Data disc from the first screen. This should produce a multi song playable CD when you put it in the CD changer.

Remember that the CD (DVD in the case of nav system) does not play mp3 CDs (at least on my Audio 20 radio).

I hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.