Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Climate Control Upgrade Question

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  keyhole 
#1 ·
Hello...my 2006 CLK350 has the base climate control unit (the one with 4 knobs). I want to upgrade to the luxury climate control unit (the one with a digital display) and found one from a 2005 but does anyone know if it will fit (for sure)? Not only am I interested to know if it will fit exactly as the current one does, but the connectors as well...in other words a simple 'plug and play'. The 2005's Mercedes Part# is A203 830 33 85 if that helps. Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi - please add some details about your location & ride with the UserCP ^^^, as this often helps with replies.

Regarding your a/c question, if I understand the WIS circuit diagrams correctly, I think that there could be a problem trying to do a direct change-over of these items. It will fit into the space, but may not do the task properly.

Code 580a. (Basic) Automatic air conditioning unit is control module N22.
Code 581b: (Luxury) Comfort air conditioning unit is control module N22/7.

As it is more sophisticated, N22/7 needs some inputs that N22 does not require, eg., B32/2 (4 off sun sensors) B31 (multi-function sensor) which will not be fitted to your car.

N22/7 also drives some outputs that N22 does not use, eg., individual left & right fresh air and footwell flap actuator motors that might not be supplied if N22 was the original fitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.