Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

04 clk 320 performance mods ?

17K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  cobra_33 
#1 ·
guys i want to mod my clk 320's engine...any thoughts ??
thx..

#5 ·
Re-chipping works best i.e. get most extra horsepower from engines that are turbocharged. Since the 320 motor is normally aspirated, you will probably only see 10-20 extra bhp.

I would also look at Brabus to see if they make a re-chip product for your car. I have heard that some re-chipp mods get overwritten by Mercedes when they do a service unless you tell them about it first.

#6 ·
are you kidding me?

50 horsepower gain from 250 dollars?

load of bs if you ask me.

I've been down this road before, searching for all the performance mods I can do to my CLK. Trust me, there is not much you can do unless you are willing to spend at least thousands on it.

The only affordable "performance" mods you can do is probably change the exhaust and intake if possible, which MIGHT give you a FEW horsepower if you are lucky.

ECU? forget about ECU for NA cars, it's just not effective.

If you want you can upgrade your brakes / suspension, which might get a bit pricey as well.

I would just save the money. The horsepower gain to dollar ratio is just terrible.

#9 ·
he said 24 bhp & 25 NM of torque (i'm sure a famous company will do this for less than $700)

what about messing with the engine... like getting oversized pistons ,enlarging the capacity of the engine from 3.2L to 3.8L for example...

#12 ·
Talk to Oliver over speedtuningusa.com. He did my ECU to my clk320 back then for $300. You wont regret it :thumbsup: and NO you not gona feel like you have turbo,supercharged but you definitly will feel the difference (after a few hundreds mile dont ask why thats just how the ECU adapt to the car). In case you asked I dont have DYNO before or after.

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.