Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Remote key problem

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tomato_farmer 
#1 ·
Hi,

My car is '04 CLK 320 (w209).
I have a keyless entry problem. When my car is parked at outdoor in a hot day, my key does not work neither with IR nor RF. My metal key only works for the trunk. :crybaby2: I had to buy a lockout toolkit and put it in my trunk all the time.
But when the car is parked at night or at a covered parking lot, it works fine, although the range is pretty limited.
I brought my car in my dealership when I still had an warranty, but they couldn't find the cause of the problem. They told me the return code was normal, so they couldn't change the part under warranty.
Do you have any idea?
Is there anyone having the same problem with me?
Thank you.

#4 ·
I have the same problem- although my RF doesnt work at all, only the IR. Furthermore, I have to be real close, within a few feet, of the car and aim it directly at the door handle sensor for it to work.

Just recently, sometimes the drivers side doesnt work at all. Most notable when its sunny or warmer outside. But works fine at night or if my car is out of direct sunlight, like under a carport. This didnt happen last summer, seems like its a new development.
Its been extremely annoying.

#7 ·
Here's an update.
Dang ragtop stopped working, couldn't live this way so went to local foreign auto shop (where the dealership also sends some cars) and they said the cylinders to manipulate the top were kaput. And some fuses for the FOB & radio were blown, replaced them & they blew again. Seemed there was a wire that was short-circuited outside the fuse box in the trunk, seperated & taped them up, now radio & key work.
Ragtop repair is equal to purchase of a used vehicle, by the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.