Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New UK Member....

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  baldguy 
#1 ·
Well I've had my 500 for a week now and love it...

What do you guys think??

See less See more
#4 ·
:thumbsup: Beautiful !!! Also beautiful English countryside.... Excellent pictures... please tell us what camera and settings you used to get these nice pix???

#5 ·
Thanks guys.... Just thrown a massive service at it today to include......

B service
All Filters , Oil, Air and Fuel
Drain Gearbox and new filter
Drain rear diff
Drain coolant
Fuel additive
Renew Spark Plugs (16)
New front disks (rotors) and pads

So its all new for me to enjoy......

As for the camera... its a regular point and shoot 12 Mega Pixel Kodak V1253..

Cheers Greg

#6 ·
Updated Pics

Well I've had the 500 for 4 months now and have made some subtle changes....

New AMG SL Rims 8.5x18 and 9.5x18
H&R Suspension
AMG rear lip spoiler

What do you guys think???

#7 ·
The changes are great! I have a couple questions. How much has the ride quality

suffered since the ride height change? It must handle the curves better, but how much

more harsh is the ride overall? What parts were included in the lowering? Also you state

you put SL wheels on, what is the offset

on them, and did you use spacers at all, and do you get any tire rub under any

conditions?

Again, Looks great, and enjoy it!

Tom

#8 ·
Tom,

See my answers below....

The changes are great! I have a couple questions. How much has the ride quality

suffered since the ride height change? It must handle the curves better, but how much

more harsh is the ride overall? What parts were included in the lowering?

I researched into this allot before I went ahead.. I have a friend over here in the UK who has a 07 CLK350 with the same setup and its awesome... Using the standard shocks I simply changed out the springs for H&R quality springs... The ride is great, not choppy or uncomfortable.. Its exactly what I wanted in ride height and ride

Also you state you put SL wheels on, what is the offset on them, and did you use spacers at all, and do you get any tire rub under any conditions?

The SL rims went straight on with no spacers, all you need is different length bolts as the originals are too long... The ET is 30 front and 33 rear... As they are a staggered setup, I think they suit the car... No rubbing at all from anywhere..

Cheers Greg

#9 ·
nice car man :)
just wondering could you tell me if you brought that from mercedes or another dealer?
whats your review of the car so far?
what about comfort?

Is your rear view restricted? or can you see all around well..

(the clk is on my short list)
Plus your from the UK too, so you should be able to give me some useful views :)

#10 ·
Thanks... I bought the car from a classic car dealer.. it was traded in against a Bentley.. The CLK 500 is an excellent Benz, its quick enough and very comfortable even with the lowered suspension... I didnt want a choppy ride so that why I opted for the suspension setup I have...
The car rides very nice and all around visibility is very good as its pillerless, you can see very well around it...
My particular Benz is heavily optioned and also has a rare colour, so its a bit different....

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.