Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

consider buying a 2008 clk350

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Jetjok 
#1 ·
Hello all,

i am consider buying a 2008 clk350...
but i am not sure if i should get the Cabriolet or the Coupe...
any suggestion??
and does anyone have problem with the soft top of the cabriolet??

Thanks

#2 ·
I have only seen one car that had any problems with the soft top and thats cause when the truck driver unloaded it he hung it up on something and ripped on the internal cables, so not the cars fault. I personally like the coupe more because it handles slightly bettery. But unless that is your top priority which I doubt it is, then go with the cabriolet. Its great to be able to let the top down. But my #1 suggestion is to get a CLK550 cabriolet with the AMG sport package. You will love that car to death. Good luck.

#3 ·
I personally like the coupe more because it handles slightly bettery. But unless that is your top priority which I doubt it is, then go with the cabriolet. Its great to be able to let the top down. But my #1 suggestion is to get a CLK550 cabriolet with the AMG sport package. You will love that car to death. Good luck.
you mention the coupe is handles slightly better... why is that???
is it because of the hard top?? and in what way is it better??
i wish i can get the CLK550 but it doesn't fit my budget...:crybaby2:
Thanks

#7 ·
Get the Cabriolet. No question. You'll enjoy it much more. There's a reason why the Cabriolet is roughly $10K more than the coupe. It's because it's worth it. In fact, I find that I feel more secure in my Cabriolet than I did in my coupe. That might be because the coupe was a '02 and the Cabriolet is an '06. As for flex, after 10 minutes behind the wheel, you'll never notice it again.

JJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.