Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Clk320 will not start

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  keyhole 
#1 ·
Hi all my clk 320 was running fine i stopped it went in for a cup of tea come out and it would not start it turns over but did not fire trid and trid but no luck .5 min later tried agen and it started fine .drove it home about 30 miles then went back out 5 miles down the road it cut out took ages to get it going again .now it starts some times but not straight away and 5 miles down the road it stops agen ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Ok went back to car to day put a new battery on it as i had flattened the other one trying to start it. and it started fast turn of the key drove home fine turn it off and it starts state a way all the time .now i do not know what to do and do i trust in

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#9 ·
When you try and start the car, does it sometimes crank and crank and not start?, then eventually the engine will start?
IF this is the case then it could very possibly just be the fuel pump relay in the boot under the carpet at the back. To test if you turn the key just before cranking and carefully listen, you should hear the fuel pump. If not remove the relay and take its cover off with a small flat screwdriver, inside you will see the relay contacts, just give them a little clean with a bit of card and try the engine again.

Reactions: carrot
#10 ·
Hi all my clk 320 was running fine i stopped it went in for a cup of tea come out and it would not start it turns over but did not fire trid and trid but no luck .5 min later tried agen and it started fine .drove it home about 30 miles then went back out 5 miles down the road it cut out took ages to get it going again .now it starts some times but not straight away and 5 miles down the road it stops agen ?
That is a classical example of a faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor. I had exactly that fault 6 months ago with a similar M112 engine. My hand-held OBD2 code reader confirmed it.
Change it soon before you get stranded miles from home. BTW, on a M113 engine access to the sensor is easy. On your 112.940 engine it is possibly out of sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.