Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

where to hide radar detector?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  500SEC_AMG 
#1 ·
I have a Belltronics STi Driver radar detector and want to install in (hidden) in the car. Where have you folks hidden yours.

#2 ·
Well, it is described as a dash-mounted device, so surely it has to be fixed in a place where:

a) you can read the display
b) the power cable can reach your cigarette lighter socket

Can you rely on the audio output?

PS. Aren't these radar detectors banned in Canada?

#3 ·
Thank you for your answer Mr.Keyhole. I should have been more clear. I am looking to conceal the RD, I have a external speaker and power is a non issue as is the display as its pre-programmed. I hid one in the parcel shelf brake lamp housing of a BMW 328i now I am just looking to see if anyone has found a trick for the CLK.
As for Canada some Provinces are legal. Screw the Cops, here in Ontario its purely a money grab.
I already won in court regarding a radar detector and with the STi Driver they will never catch me.
Maybe a fake cabin lamp?

#5 ·
What model of detector do you have? I know I can't chop apart the STi Driver because it's shielded. Do you have any pics?

the red space in upper corner of display flashes red on proximity of radar and audible chirp. All that shows is green led by headlmp switch and little round on/off

It looks factory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.