Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help! Front Hub stuck

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BLKnight7 
#1 ·
Went to put on the front hub after repacking/replacing the bearings it seated then I decided to pull it back off to add a little more grease inside the hub between the races. I unseated the hub and now it is stuck, won't go all the way on, won't come off. Should I try yanking it off or gently pounding it back on?

#2 ·
Did you manage to get the hub off without using a puller? I'm surprised if you did.

Anyway, don't bang it on now if it is jammed. Get it off, and see what the problem was before you try again. The WIS shows a puller and an installer are normally required. Did, you check the bearing play? (end float)

I have some details & drawings of the hub and bearing if you are stuck.

#5 ·
Well, didn't have to hit that hard. just paranoid about damaging races,bearings,or spindle. looks like a few blemishes on the race but I could feel nothing. did the brakes on both sides but have to wait for another rear seal and a new grease cap (put a hole in it with a screwdriver, Primitive Pete).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.