Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help with 98 stereo upgrade.

780 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  A1EK 
#1 ·
I have a 98 clk. It has a Bose stock stereo. I want to upgrade the stock stereo to an Alpine. I have installed stereo on other cars. However I have been told that it is much more difficult with my model. Can someone please inform me with the process and the items i might need to do this. Thank you.

#2 ·
NAAAH !! ! Piece of cake, just pull the old one out using the keys into the thin slots on the side. If you dotn have them, you may be lucky and can push it out from behind, by removing the conatiner below it to get your fingers in.

A good point of your car is that it did not come with steering wheel buttons for volume etc (unlike mine) so you dont need to bother about buying adaptors to get them to function. Once the stereo is removed there should be a standard stereo plug which should plug straight into your new one. Pay attention though to the power cables with a multimeter as the orientation are sometimes sligthly different.,

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.