Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Damn Thieves!

896 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  500SEC_AMG 
#1 ·
Hi all. I'm new here, and glad I found it. There seems to be a lot of usefull information, I wish I found this a long time ago.

Anyway, I'm mad that I wasn't home when someone broke into my clk. I wouldn't have noticed other than the windows were down, so I went over to check it out. They knocked the lock off and took my syetem, and for some reason cut my GPS antenna wire. I think it ws just to piss me off!!

Anyway, I can't for the life of me find a replacment cylender for the lock. Any ideas, part numbers, how-to's? I did search, but didn't find anything. I don't even care if it's not keyed for my keys since I have never used the blade key.

I'm also curious if the factory alarm went off. I park it in a secured garage, and I think someone would've heard it. Maybe it didn't go off thinking someone used the key.

P.S. The only reason I am mad is because I didn't get a chance to shoot them, and yes I probably would have. That's why I carry!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Bad luck :(

If you intend to stick around the forum, please fill in some details about your location/ride with the UserCP ^^^ It can help replies sometimes.

I guess that you will have to replace the complete door handle assembly, but I could be wrong about that. Here's the page from the WIS giving instructions how to get the piece off.

Attachments

#4 ·
hello Wseaclk

I had mine broken into also. They broke my window and took my leather wallet containing clk manuals and registration, and pink slip. I WAS VERY UPSET ALSO.

From that point on I made it a point to stick with mercedes grade UPGRADE parts.

PS. IT WAS RAINING AND GLASS WAS ALL IN MY SEAT. SOMEONE KNOCKED ON MY DOOR AND TOLD ME. I was very hurt.

Good luck with your situation and I hope it gets better for you....

#5 ·
...damn, I hope you get what you need, it hurts me just looking at it...I have had my many cars broken into when I lived in philly so I know how it feels

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.