Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Front suspention/Steering rebuild parts

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  afatouraee 
#1 ·
hi guys , within the past week I was busy Replacing my spark plugs(bosch iridium fusion +4), karlyn sti spark plug wires ,valve covers and gaskets, breather covers hoses and new air filters. now my next project is to rebuild my front steering component I saw this on ebay I was wondering what you guys think About this Ebay Item and if you have any experience with the seller or his products.

I want to replace my shocks and maybe springs but I don’t really want to drop my car I know I would get better handling if its dropped but then I would have to do a lot more to be satisfied and completely to factory spec, I just want a better performance and handling than factory setup. I read a lot of threads about springs and shocks but again most of them talk about dropping the car, I was thinking more like clk55 springs and bilstein sport shocks. Any suggestions will be appreciated...

Many thanks in advance

#2 ·
I wouldn’t go with the e-bay items. If I needed my entire front end rebuilt, that may be an option, but I’m not at that stage.

Original equipment, US spec CLK55 springs and Bilsteins would be a good addition. I bought Chappy’s 55 springs as he went with the European spec 55 springs. The US spec 55 springs are higher rate springs and do lower the car a little. The improved handling comes from the increased spring rate. Fortunately, the AMG springs are not bone jarringly stiff.

#3 ·
Well after doing lots of search online I found out that the parts that that seller is offering don’t have good quality so this is what I ordered so far: Trucktec drag link, Meyle steering damper and idler arm repair kit. Do you guys know how I could find out if I need to replace any bushings, what I mean is what are the signs to look for. I have about an inch of steering wheel play while stopped and sometimes I hear kind of clicking noise in the parking lot driving when the steering is completely turned especially when I’m reversing.
Thanks again for the info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.