Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MAF and 02 cost effective vendor

724 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Check Codes 
#1 ·
I have a 1998 clk 320. I need to get a Mass air flow sensor and also 02 sensors. The codes say to replace both. I tried a new OEM MAF unit my friend had and it still throws o2 codes.

So I need a new MAF sensor and o2 sensors. The last MAF sensor I purchased was a bosch unit and it lasted 3 years, but I dont remember the vendor. Anyway, I am sure by now there is a real cheap vendor for both the mass air flow sensor and o2 sensors.

Car has 298,000 miles on it. I havent changed the sensors since it had 154,000 miles. YIKES!

All help apprecited.

#2 ·
Please try the Benzworld supporting sponsors first, they are grouped together at the bottom of the main page. The only "cheap" MAF and 02 sensors you'll find are knockoffs on eBay and some other places and they are more trouble than the cost savings will justify. OEM is the only way to go.

#3 ·
At that mileage you should replace ALL FOUR O2 sensors. If you're doing the work you can use the universal Bosch ones, get the PN from Bosch's parts finder, then search it at Amazon (usually the best price but can be slow) or autohausaz.com, which is my favorite OEM supplier. If you're paying a mechanic then get the direct fit ones (or get them yourself, it will save you some time).

Autohausaz.com traditionally has the best price on a genuine Bosch MAF.

Personally I would probably replace the O2 sensors first; it's rare that a MAF will do nothing but trigger O2 sensor codes, but failing O2 sensors cause driveability issues.

Good luck.

#5 ·
Autohausaz does carry them. Did you use the parts finder on Bosch's website and then look for the numbers? Parts vendors sometimes have errors in their online catalogs so for a critical item you should look it up and then find it by the part number. If you do that, you'll find that autohausaz has them, the uppers are about $90 each for direct fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.