Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Front Lower control arms Question

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  arashsheikhpoor15 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if the clk55 uses the the same lower control arms as the clk430 or the clk320? Mines are definitely Broken, cuz the ride in my 55 is probably one of the most uncomfortable rides i've ever felt...It just shakes all over the place
Thanks in advance

#3 ·
I would be surprised if they are the same.

The EPC is free, just register and you can then look up the parts and see if the numbers are the same.

However, the real question is whether you're just guessing at the problem. If your lower control arms (or either of them) were broken, you would not be able to steer the car and keep it on the road. More likely a drag link, tie rod end, ball joint, etc. But why just guess and throw parts and money at the car?

Please, do yourself a favor and have it inspected, take it to a good indy shop and ask for a pre-alignment inspection and they may do it for free. Be sure it is a shop familiar with MB.

#11 ·
If they were interchangeable, the EPC would show the same part numbers. It looks like the AMG is using the updated one from the SLK and the non-AMG is the purpose-built CLK part. (Parts pictures are meaningless in this context. You'd never visually see a meaningful difference in a part of that size on a computer display.)

You bought an AMG for a reason, so my suggestion is buy the correct replacement part. The time and potential trouble you save will be worth it. :thumbsup:

#13 ·
So I had my suspension checked and the guy says that they seem to be in good order...I also called MB and asked about lower control links, He basically called and left me a message telling me that it would cost 400 to get fixed, Now i've been calling him everyday for the last 4-5 days to ask what the control links are...Finally, do you guys think the bad ride quality could be because of bad tires???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.