Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

FRONT BUMPER NEEDED.

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  jajara 
#1 ·
I made the same mistake as some others. I drove the lowered clk430 over a parking block in a parking lot, put the car in reverse, and ripped the bottom portion of my bumper off:eek:. From what I can find, there are no good replacement aftermarket bumpers. Can anybody recommend a decent bumper manufacturer? I would also like to buy a good used one too. I you have one for sale, please let me know. I'm in So Cal.
Thanks, shane

#2 ·
Ya I hate the shiit bout our bumpers. It happened to me couple of times but I noticed it so I told the 7eleven worker to help me(lol)...as far as your bumper goes I dnt think there are any companies that make an amg style bumper...either dealer, junkyard or ur gonna have to find it used from someone...I've seen so many people rip the bumper but they get it fixed cuz it's way cheaper and plus they're hard to find unless you get it from the dealer...good luck...

#3 ·
A guy I know with a 430 resorted to cutting off the lower front section of the bumper cover. It doesn't look good at all but at least the majority of the cover remains. My wife's Legend was terrible about this as well. I'm a skeptic about the aftermarket parts. I'd like to go for the 430 look for my 320 but I don't want to put junk parts on it. I'd be interested to know what kind of firsthand experince folks have with the Duraflex stuff or whatever it's called. The price is right but is the quality there?

#4 ·
DURAFLEX Front Bumper Experience

In response to DBA-ONE, do not buy a DURAFLEX Bumper from EXTREME DIMENSIONS, what a piece of shit bumper, looks like I could of done a better job of copying the original. It just looks cheap. You have to know what your doing with this bumper. I know about fiberglass and carbon fiber so I can install it. I am currently installing one on a customers car and its not easy. All the oem hardware is not bolt on. Everything has to be custom made, mounting brackets for the fog lights, installing the bumper brackets etc. The plastic trim does not fit well, and they send you a bumper trim (DURAFLEX)that installs on the lower part of the bumper, (they should of not even sent it at all)Its all fiberglass and warped, I had to junk it. FLEX????? if this thing flex's I'll change my name. Take my advice and stay away from this company and their products. I know bumper recyclers that can sell one for $700 ready to paint.

#5 ·
Thanks for the heads up. It's one of those things where if it is too good to be true.. I'm hoping to find a wrecking yard owner doing something with a donkey and take pictures. That person would have a mint 430 that had something fall on the roof and thus ruin the car. I'd threaten to show the pictures and they would give me the remains of an otherwise good 430 so I could pick it apart. I wont hold my breath.

Genuine parts are expensive but why put something cheap on a Mercedes-Benz? Just say no as Nancy taught us.

#7 ·
Well, I just did this as well, I can see a few places where the lower piece is broken, what about simply gluing the bumper back together? Quick fix with something like JB Weld?

#8 ·
wow, I JUST saw this right now, for all I have to complain about with my front bumper close calls, I guess I'm lucky. :eek:

#9 ·
Cracked again

I had taken my bumper off, repaired it with epoxy, putty, then bondo treatment (few hours in several days of sanding) and then painted it. Looked awesome! But cracked it again over a small parking curb while reversing. AMG front bumper design is not good at all. Not much damage this time, I think I'll try to fix it again with epoxy and bondo :rolleyes:

Btw, I have seen dealerships selling unpainted covers in SoCal for about $750...but I'm still looking for one from junkyard as I wouldn't risk a new one considering its design...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.