Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

R170 Style Projectors w/HALO Ring for W208 In Production

155K views 452 replies 83 participants last post by  miatawnt2b 
#1 ·
R170 Style Projectors w/HALO Ring for W208 In Production due sometime next year. Sorry for the poor quality photo, the custom shop I was at last night would not give me the original picture only a printed copy.:bowdown:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Wow :eek: an IT guy as President..cool :cool:

Williams do you know if they made any mention of there being one for HIDs? Unless these are HID?
He did not say but more than likely they will be made for both. I doubt it very seriously that they would not make it for both.

What is HALO Ring?
It is the led ring as shown in the example in the second picture. If you look closely inside the left and right side of the first picture there is a small led ring.

#4 ·
Williams do you know if they made any mention of there being one for HIDs? Unless these are HID?

#5 ·
What is HALO Ring?

#11 ·
Finally a better headlight for us. It still looks a little wierd because it shouldn't be all chrome...it should have black accents or a black background to compliment the better halo projector lenses. But I can truely say that this is a much better option for our cars.

#21 · (Edited)
Like everything else I have seen, there will more than likely be two versions to also include a black background. I personally would not want the rings to have black accents because I prefer the "Night Owl" effect, to have them stand out only at night.

Very cool.. I would buy those for sure.. the front of the car would look hot with just the halo's on.. both on the fog lights as well as the regular and city lights. If you find out when these are available please share..
I will most definitely share.

Oh by the way, is there a appx cost???
They would not give me a price quote, probably because it is in the early stages of development.

will they make these for the 96-99 E320's as well?
I can ask next time I am out there at their shop.

can you let that company know we want to do a group buy williams.. you can prob. get a free set out of it..
Just give me a total number of people seriously interested and I will let them know. Shipping to the US just for the LED Tail Lights is $70, good thing I was able to get them locally here in Japan. Seeing that the projectors are larger it will probably be even more expensive. Just something to think about.

Once again dem shits are hot, could someone get a better photo!!! still nice
They would only give me a print out copy. The photo is poor quality because I had to scan it. It's not advertised to the public so I doubt you will be able to find any photos.

#26 ·
That is a great looking headlight. I've been thinking seriously about projectors, but I think I'll wait for these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.