Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Misfire at 4000+ revs

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rashman 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Brand new to this forum since buying my CLK 320 (99).

Had some useful tips so far inlcuding resetting the service indicator and changing spark plugs which is the reason for this post.

It's at 60,000 miles and noticed a slight misfire/hesitation about 4K revs. I have now changed all of the plugs with the Bosch recommended units but the car now seems down on power and misfires very badly at 4K revs - in fact it just splutters and won't rev past 4K.

I've made sure the coils are on correctly and everything seems tight.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Matt

#3 ·
Hi mate.

just read your post. I don't think I'll be able to help too much, but I have heard guys on this forum mentioning the MAF sensor before. As I understand it, the Mas Air Flow sensor regulates the levels of oxygen being mixed with fuel. I believe this sensor can become clogged / dirty eventually which can effect performance. You should be able to clean it or indeed buy a new one. Don't think they're too expensive.

Hopefully someone else on this forum will be able to help abit more than me.

I'll ask my Benz mechanic next time I see him as well, he may have other thoughts.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.