Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Chrome gear frame...problems.

708 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  benzonlorinzo 
#1 ·
Anyone else who got this have any issues with it? Mine doesn't go on right and i dont care much cause it only cost me 20 bucks but I wanna know if someone else had the same issues.

The stock black gear from I have kinda slopes upward a little near the top and the chrome casing they sent me didn't slope, leaving a gap when you attached it. Did everyones do this?

#2 ·
BrooklynCLK - 7/13/2004 10:21 PM

Anyone else who got this have any issues with it? Mine doesn't go on right and i dont care much cause it only cost me 20 bucks but I wanna know if someone else had the same issues.

The stock black gear from I have kinda slopes upward a little near the top and the chrome casing they sent me didn't slope, leaving a gap when you attached it. Did everyones do this?
Ok this is how u do it . Leave the stock black gear frame . put it on top of it . go to a thrift store and get the good kind 3m 2 way tape. and go with it around the bottom of the frame .
when u stick it , it will fit . it wont be perfect , but much better.

FYI: u can use the same tape on the headlight rings as they tend to come off during car washes .

FYI: the chrome gear frame will blind the $hit out of u when ur driving with the roof open .[:(!]
no wonder benz made it black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.