Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Opinions on wheels and some info...

847 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  BrooklynCLK 
#1 ·
Well, I've snapped. Ever since I put my 18's on I've kept thinking that I need 19's. I'm getting it lowered near the end of the week but still think I want 19's. It's not gonna be a total waste though. I was planning on getting high polished rims for the winter seasons rather than keep my chrome ones on so I'll just get 19's polished for then, lol.

I searched around the world for somewhat affordable rims and found these on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7910666870

Here are some images...

Ok, I like how they look and they're deep as hell. I think in one auction he held a ruler to the lip and it went in like a little over 2.5 inches. I also think the finish matches the silver color paint on CLK's beautifully (refering to the above 1st image). I have a question and also need opinions.

Question: This auction is for a staggered set which are 19 x 8.5 in the front and then 19 x 10 [:0] in the rear. Will a 10" width fit onto the back of a CLK? Every staggered set I've heard people talk about has had 9.5" in the rear. Also, which tires would I get for this setup?

Opinions: What do ya think? Too BMWish? Too deep (like that really exists, lol)? Too expensive? lemme have it. I have my own opinion but it's sometimes good to hear others thoughts before making an impulsive purchase this size. Is Hamann a good company by the way? Heard of them before i think. Thanks guys...

See less See more
#2 ·
HAMANN IS A VERY GOOD COMPANY , MY BUDDY OWNS A RIM SHOP AND HE ALWAYS TALKS GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM ,THE RIMS ARE REALLY NICE,AND AT THIS PRICE IT'S NEAR A STEAL , THEY USUALLY RUN AROUND $600 A WHEEL I THINK THEY WOULD LOOK AWESOME ON THE CLK, WAITE TILL YOU SEE MINE I HAVE A 4 INCH LIP[:0], AS FAR AS THE SIZE I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT BUT I'LL BE GLAD TO ASK MY BUDDY , 19"???..YOU'RE RISKING ALOT OF RIDE COMFORT WITH THAT BRO SPECIALLY IF YOU'RE GONNA DROP IT , I WOULD STICK WITH 18" AND SAVE MY SELF ALOT OF HEADACHE

#3 ·
My chrome rims are 18's. This way I'll have the best of both worlds. Find out for me about putting the 10" width on the back for me.

Hey, how in the world can your lip be 4 inches??? You got 18's right? In order for the lip to be 4 inches wouldnt they have to be like 12" wide? [;)]

#4 ·
By the way slick, start putting up images of your car now. It's more fun to see the work in progress through images. You can just post a new one in your gallery whenever you get something new done. I wanna see those rims on your car already damnit! lol

#5 ·
I WILL AS SOON AS I TAKE PICTURES, DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS, I CAN SEND YOU A PICTURE OF THE WHEELS BUT THEY'R ON A DIFFERENT CAR , FOR SOME REASON I'M UNABLE TO POST IT WITH THE THREAD[:(]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.