Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Thinkin bout buyin CLK soon....

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ChiCLK430 
#1 ·
I've never posted in here before so let me say whats up first and hi first neways i've been lookin around because i wanna get a new car soon maybe in a year or even netime soon... i really like the W208 CLK i wanted to know if there is any years that i should stay out of and are they reliable??? What are the most common problems, what to look for when buyin, and how much??? I'm thinkin bout moddin it afterwards like rims, tints, etc. Thanx for helpin holla back

#2 ·
bronze560SEL - 7/12/2004 3:23 AM

I've never posted in here before so let me say whats up first and hi first neways i've been lookin around because i wanna get a new car soon maybe in a year or even netime soon... i really like the W208 CLK i wanted to know if there is any years that i should stay out of and are they reliable??? What are the most common problems, what to look for when buyin, and how much??? I'm thinkin bout moddin it afterwards like rims, tints, etc. Thanx for helpin holla back

2001 MERCEDES-BENZ CLK 430 SPORT BLACK w/ BLACK int. 8 CYLINDER 27,156mi. AUTO, Leather*Heated Seats*Power Roof*Premium Sound*XENON LIGHTS*Headlamp Washers *Sport Package*FULLY FULLY LOADED*Low Low Miles*Carfax Certified *Nationwide Shipping Available!!! $34,995

#3 ·
ChiCLK, wanna be my new best friend? Take off those Xenons and swap them with my lights. [:D]

Selling that car wouldn't come down to the lights in it and you'd make a fellow MB owner happy as hell, lol.

#5 ·
My questions are still not answered... Like what year should i try to stay away from??? Common Problems??? And i have seen cars on ebay for a lot less than that black CLK

#6 ·
bronze560SEL - 7/14/2004 3:20 AM

My questions are still not answered... Like what year should i try to stay away from??? Common Problems??? And i have seen cars on ebay for a lot less than that black CLK
Buying cars off E-bay is risky.

You never can tell if the car had any paintwork or if it has been in an accident. I can guarantee you the black car might be more but it's clean. No accidents, no paintwork and taken care of.

I've had few friends buy cars off E-bay and got ripped off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.