Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cold air intake: What do you think?

955 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BrooklynCLK 
#1 ·
Hi guys, i was doing my daily search through ebay to see if there were any new goodies for my car when i came upon this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2255773578&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I'll make it simple. Will it hurt my car? Will it help performance? And is there a better one for a good price like that (if so, point out where to me).

#2 ·
not bad but the cone on its own over here is selling for £20.00 uk and yours is not bad because you are getting the heat shield and chrome pipe so thats a full cold air indution kit, as for more power you would not notice it though you would hear it when driven hard but they are designed for ecconomy rather than power cold air is much better for the engine and the old filter starve the engine of it, you could get aprox 3 bhp out of it

#3 ·
one word...........JUNK

that heat shield is not really doing much for you . you're still sucking in hot air from the engin compartment, look how your stock one is set up, the opening is facing the grill , all you get is fresh cold air, this is junk bro

you want a little bit of hp and some rumble , invest in an AMG air box, better quality, better results

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.