Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

H&R or EIBACH?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  benzonlorinzo 
#1 ·
OK I'M READY TO DROP MY CAR NOW , BUT I'M STILL NOT SURE IF I SHOULD GO WITH EIBACH OR H&R , ANY SUGGESTIONS?.

#2 ·
I think both springs are great. Just now that most of us that used H&Rs had issues with one side of the car being lower then the other. I didn't notice that issue with the Eibach users. I also had the height issue with the H&Rs. Also remember if you are going to change the spring pads and/or shocks do them at the same time to save money. I had to learn the hard way.$$$$$$$$$

#3 ·
what # you think i should go with ?,, i was thinking #1 in the front and #2 in the back, where do i get these pads from by the way?,do they come with the springs ?..thanks for your comments

#4 ·
i think i'm just gonna go with the eibachs, alot of people tell me they're alot more reliable than h&r . what # you think i should go with ?,, i was thinking #1 in the front and #2 in the back, where do i get these pads from by the way?,do they come with the springs ?..thanks for your comments

#5 ·
I went with the H&R's. I actually heard H&R's were better. Also, the Eibach's lower your car 1.2 in the front and 1.2 in the back if you read the spec chart. The H&R's lower it 1.4 in the front and 1.3 in the back.

#9 ·
Can someone explain the whole "pads" concept to me? What do they do? Do I really need them when I instal my H&R's (1.4F / 1.3R)? If I'm not getting new shocks right away, should I wait to get the pads when I get the shocks?

And back to the original question: Can someone explain the whole "pads" concept to me?

#10 ·
from what i was told . the pads provide cushining to your springs to sit on , i guess it reduces metal to metal noise(that nasty clicking sound you hear every time you hit a bump)[;)]

#11 ·
BrooklynCLK - 7/11/2004 2:45 PM

Can someone explain the whole "pads" concept to me? What do they do? Do I really need them when I instal my H&R's (1.4F / 1.3R)? If I'm not getting new shocks right away, should I wait to get the pads when I get the shocks?

And back to the original question: Can someone explain the whole "pads" concept to me?
do a search . there is a lot of info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.