Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Tinted my windows, now AM stations bearly come in......

918 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  jtoma878 
#1 ·
Is there a link between the 2? Common sense says yes, and I was just reading another post that was relative to this. If this is the case, then what are my options? Should I bring it back to my tint guy and have him redo it? Should he do it for free? I listen to alot of sports radio here in NYC and I need AM!!!!

Thanks for replies

Joe T

#3 ·
look around frame of window, most antennas are on the glass, he may have cut it, it will look like thin black wire.

hey teky, do you about boostering signal strength???

#6 ·
jtoma878 - 7/9/2004 5:24 PM

Is there a link between the 2? Common sense says yes, and I was just reading another post that was relative to this. If this is the case, then what are my options? Should I bring it back to my tint guy and have him redo it? Should he do it for free? I listen to alot of sports radio here in NYC and I need AM!!!!

Thanks for replies

Joe T
I dont' think they will undo it for free. You should have know this (blocking signals) before you did yours. Metals (iron) in the tint material block the signals coming to your car. Check your cell phone and you will notice the different too.

In the mean time, I guess, roll down the windows ?

#7 ·
I have zero or close AM reception and I don't have tint. The AM sounds better when the car is off. Where is the antenna in the front or back? I was rearended the day I got the car, so I have no idea if the reception was better before the accident. It sucks bad, gotta get XM installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.