Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

radio reception

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jah_mama 
#1 ·
lately when weather is bad, stations come in and out. does anyone know way of increasing radio strength. got 99 clk without antenna.[:(]
you would figure on a luxury car this would not be an issue[:eek:)]

#3 ·
you would figure on a luxury car this would not be an issue
On the contrary. Mercedes engines are known for being great and lasting long where on the flipside, it's the little things that always seem to go wrong. On my parents old benz (300E I think) they had to fix the window button on the center dash like 10 times. Every time they'd push it to open or close the window it would fall in, lol.

#4 ·
Is it a Bose system? If not, I think the other system available was a Becker radio. If you have the Bose system, next stop, aftermarket. There are some totally hot systems available in the aftermarket. Don't be afraid to shop. Music is the essence of life.

#5 ·
speaking of after market, i'm looking to put a dvd/mp3 player in my car but i want to keep my stock radio,is this possible?, if it is what's some good and decent names out there that would fit a clk ,i have the bose radio

#6 ·
yes, i know the antenna is in window, anyway of increasing signal strength, the newer clks (over 1999) have antenna or is that just for GPS system
yes, i believe it is the stock bose radio i have...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.