Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

RS kit

872 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  wsmall7283 
#1 ·
Just picked my RS kit up today. Not pleased. I guess you get what you pay for. After 2 mths and $200.00 extras in custom/port fees, I should have left the kit where it was. Broken corners,foglights and thin fiberglass....the deal was a wash. Money down the drain. Don't know if I will try to install it or not.
[:(]

#2 ·
When everyone is talking about the "RS" kit, are they reffering to the one Keaton has? The Carlsson replica kit?

If that's what your talking about please let me know where you got it. If it was sent so sh!tty, I deffinately wanna watch out for whoever sold it to you. Sucks bro, sorry about the bad luck. [|)]

#3 ·
Replica kits are never that great when it comes to quality and shouldn't be expected to just bolt on. There was quite a bit of time and body work that went into making my kit fit perfectly. Basically, the lower half of the kit (below the impact strip) was cut off and molded onto my original bumper. This ensured perfect fittment, added strength, and retained the use of the impact absorption foam and impact strip.

My friend's body shop did the work, so I wasn't charged, but if I had been charged, it would have been close to $1500 in body work, bringing the price of the kit to a little under $2500 installed. This, however is for a perfectly fitted kit that isn't available in any other form (the "real ones" sell for about 5 grand, there's no guarantee that they are actually real as only 5 were made, and are still made of fiberglass and fit just as poorly). If you want the RS look, there's a lot of work that needs to be done.

So that's basically it - the install is doable if you have a good body shop, and the results can be great, but replicas will always need work and money to look good.

#4 ·
josh, where did u get kit and can u post pics

#7 ·
Took a long time to think about the kit. I found a body shop that is willing to give it a shot. Hell what I gota loose but more $$$$$$$. For those who wanted to know where I ordered the kit from just look at my passed posts. I will check back to keep everyone informed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.