Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

bought it today

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CLK55AMGBENZ 
#1 ·
http://www.ebizautos.com/hannahimportusa/detail.cfm?iid=370932

what do you all think.. i've also been reading some and its valid that putting 19 inch rims on the clk makes for an uncomfortable ride or is it when you put 19's and lower the vehicle.. i'm thinking of getting these in 19 chrome.. hit me back with some feedback fellow pimps..

http://www.donzwheelz.com/wheels.php?a=sabatini

#2 ·
Congrats on the new car bro. The previous owner probably took great care of it to only have that many miles on it. Go to carfax and pay 20 bucks for a report on it. I doubt you'll see any problems but it's nice to be reassured of it. With only 36K miles I would like to see that there was no odometer fraud.

I have heard from mech's and even some people on these boards that 19's to take away from the ride. That's why I got my 18's instead. I heard this without the car being lowered. You might want to think about what I'm doing. I put on my 18's and then plan to lower it to make up for not having the 19's. This way i hope to keep the ride good but have the slick look. Up to you though...

PS. I'm not too hot on the rim you selected, a little too thin/racy for me. In the link you provided there is a small image of 2 745's facing eachother. The other rims look nice in that image. Just look around b4 you choose. They'll be with you for a long time to come. Congrats!

#5 ·
Stick to 18's bro. I had 19x8.5f and 19x9.5r setup w/ 235/35-19f and 265/30-19r. The ride quality was very very bad. Once I took the car on a 300 mile trip and regretted the fact that I had bought the 19's. So, I switch to 18's, and I am happy now. I can go on long routes with confidence and not having to hear complaints from the passengers that their a$$es are about to fall off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.