Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E350 - tires

7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  sandick 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting E350 coupe in the comings months (summer 2011) and I'm kind of unsure about the AMG 18" sport package (Canada). Does anyone know what's the tires mileage compared to the standard tires that come with the E350 coupe? I don't want to be buying new tires every year, considering that I'm thinking to get the winter tire sets with rims as well.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I received mine at the end of May. I have a fully loaded e350 with the exception of wood steering wheel and Mbrace.

In Feb. they were shipping Continental tires, in April they were Pirelli now they are shipped with Michelin PS2 with an A A rating and tread-ware of 400.

They are rated as all season and should be good for western climate winters. They are XL size and also have the green leaf indicating they are low rolling resistance.

I am quite impressed with them, good all round tire with excellent wet and stoping. characteristics not much of a tire tread and they are not directional which really surprised me.

They are not on Michelin site as of yet, and were apparently built specifically for the mercedes and bear the MO symbol on the tire indicating that they are original tires for mercedes.

Needless to say I am a real Michelin fan so my opinion might be bias. I have had lots of Pirelli zero's and Goodyears, however I always favour the michelin's especially with the 400 tread-ware rating, and green leaf symbol.

#7 ·
2013 E350 coupe winter tire question

Hi, may I have commen about winter tire?
I'm in Toronto Canada, 2013 E350 coupe 4matic
I would like to buy a set of Winter tires and rim
my original tire is Front 235/45RR18 and Rear 255/35R18

First, may I use same size of Winter tires on both front and rear?
second, is 17" more suitable for 18" in snow/ice gripping?
third, 235/45R17 or 225/50R17, which is more efficient on snow/ice?
my target is Michelin Xice XI3, any comment?

thanks for your comment.

#8 ·
For the 2014 coupe, and I think it is the same as for the 2013 model, the mercedes advised setup is 235/45R17 all around. You can go for 235 up front and 255 in the rear. But for winter driving a square setup is suggested. A 17 inch setup gives more flex in the tire compared to the 18 setup and that results in more grip. Check your manual, the correct sizes will be listed. Also tirerack has the different options and indicates the recommended setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.