BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2012
Vehicle: 2012 Mercedes Benz C300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Paint protection film

Hi there,
has anybody in Perth, Australia installed a paint protection film on their Merc C-class? I've had mine done on my front bumper by a supposedly best installer in Perth, recommended by a 3M distributor and got burned! Was so pissed off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2012
Vehicle: 2012 Mercedes Benz C300
(Thread Starter)
Hi everyone, is there anybody from Perth, Australia in this forum? Sorry I posted a thread before and became absent from it for quite a while...Had a lot of things going on...
Anyway, just wanna share what I've learnt in regards to installing paint protection film on your car. I've gone and installed one on the front bumper and was totally caught off guard with what had happened. Got totally misled by the installer, believing that no cutting of the film would be performed on the car but of course, that wasn't the case. Ended up with a small strip of paint being sliced off at the edge of the cut-out of one of the headlight washer systems, plus numerous tiny knife slash marks around the bumper to boot! The bumper was immaculate before as the car was not driven much because we have a 2nd car as well as due to other reasons. Long story short, complaint to Consumer Affairs and learnt at the end of the whole thing that installers do cut the film on the car, though they try to keep it to the minimum. The quality of the job will depend on the skill of the installers and how careful they are.
This installer of mine came highly recommended, by close friends as well as a 3M distributor company, and he's done a great job on all their cars though none of them were Mercedes cars. I went with him thinking that it was a sure bet but what he did then was just disgusting to me. He took it upon himself to go ahead with the job even though he couldn't find the correct template for the bumper. So he cut out the cut-outs for the headlight washer system himself using free hand. Anybody in Perth thinking of using him as an installer, be warned. If you wanna know the details of this installer, just message me.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 10:22 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2016
Sorry to hear that mate. Did he offer to fix it or a refund or anything of that sort or...?

I hate it when all these guys start denying their actions and then it becomes your word against his.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Recommended Repair Shops > Australia/New Zealand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in