Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need help on CD changer cartridge

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Inblues 
#1 ·
Hi all, I am new here on this forum and new owner of 1991 300 CE.
I need help regarding cartridge for CD changer. Changer is 6 pack and on the back has numbers 819 AL94NAS0864930.
Does anyone knows what is a part number for cartridge for this cd changer? And also wanted to ask if anyone knows if this changer would work with any other type (brand) of head unit.

Thank you in advance....

#3 ·
Most MB changers are made by Alpine. You could take you cartridge to a stereo store and...

Most MB changers are made by Alpine. You could take you cartridge to a stereo store and try to match it with what they have in stock.

#6 ·
The new Alpine changers I put in my cars work with the older MB CD magazines. Identical, ...

The new Alpine changers I put in my cars work with the older MB CD magazines. Identical, only look different in color. By the way, the car that came with the Mercedes CD changer is the 95 S500 coupe. I would imagine it always had been the same until they changed it to fiber optic.

#7 ·
Thank you guys for replys.
I called MB dealer and they have it but asking $70 for crtri...

Thank you guys for replys.
I called MB dealer and they have it but asking $70 for crtridge. Also tried calling Alpine here in Toronto area and they told me they don't carry cartridges for those models any more.
What do I do now? Don't feel like paying $70 for it.
Can anyone tell me any model numbers that might fit for my changer? All I can tell you is that cartridge that can go in a slot is one inch tick (or less), and fits 6 cd's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.