Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Two questions about my 1999 slk sport, radio code, and phone mic :P

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dtkw 
#1 ·
I just got the car and I have to say I love it. Its a nice upgrade from the Saturn I had previous, ah the benefits of finishing med school, anyway I digress. I got the car and there is no radio code card and according to the info in the books when I disconnect the battery to install the cell phone kit I will need to retype it in. I contacted my dealer and have not heard back yet and was wondering is there another way to get the code, or a generic one that will let it work again. I also noticed next to the garage door opener is a mic, which im assuming is for a cell phone, is it stock or aftermarket, it is stock where does it end up? would be nice to just use it instead of trying to reroute the one with the kit. Thanks in advance guys, and Im glad to have ran across this site on the internet, so much info!! oh yea one more thing does anyone know is this car prewired for the illuminated door sills too? they look too cool not to get :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.