Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W203 Bose automatic volume control defeat

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  cagalbraith 
#1 ·
For those interested, I took my C240 to the dealer to have the auto volume control disabled. He hooked up his computer and made two changes which I found on testing, didn't take. The volume still goes up and down with speed changes...

I then called Bose and asked them about disabling this feature. I was told that the particular unit used in the C class cars cannot have this feature disabled... Many other classes can - the C class cannot.

I'm going to go back to the dealer next week and see if the Bose technician is wrong, but it isn't looking good...

Cecil

#2 ·
There are two things which control your volume. First is the Speed Sensitive Volume Con...

There are two things which control your volume. First is the Speed Sensitive Volume Control. This has four settings 0 db, -3 db, -6 db and -9 db. O is off and -9 is the maximum volume change. This is easy to adjust with the DAS computer.

The second feature is the Bose AudioPilot. This cannot be turned off. But, it can be defeated. There is a microphone in the overhead console. If the microphone is disabled, the AudioPilot will not work.

#3 ·
Re: There are two things which control your volume. First is the Speed Sensitive Volume Con

There are two things which control your volume. First is the Speed Sensitive Volume Control. This has four settings 0 db, -3 db, -6 db and -9 db. O is off and -9 is the maximum volume change. This is easy to adjust with the DAS computer.

The second feature is the Bose AudioPilot. This cannot be turned off. But, it can be defeated. There is a microphone in the overhead console. If the microphone is disabled, the AudioPilot will not work.
Unfortunately, neither will the TeleAid...

#4 ·
Teleaid and the Bose Audio Pilot do not use the same microphone. The Bose Audio Pilot m...

Teleaid and the Bose Audio Pilot do not use the same microphone. The Bose Audio Pilot microphone is a tiny thing and is harder to find. Sometimes it is behind the headliner hear the over head console.

#5 ·
Re: Teleaid and the Bose Audio Pilot do not use the same microphone. The Bose Audio Pilot m

Teleaid and the Bose Audio Pilot do not use the same microphone. The Bose Audio Pilot microphone is a tiny thing and is harder to find. Sometimes it is behind the headliner hear the over head console.
Ach! Thank you... I have a date with the dealer tomorrow. I'll ask if they know where the micrsophone is located exactly...

#6 ·
Re: Re: Teleaid and the Bose Audio Pilot do not use the same microphone. The Bose Audio Pilot

Ach! Thank you... I have a date with the dealer tomorrow. I'll ask if they know where the micrsophone is located exactly...
I checked with the dealer and found that the microphone is located in the overhead control panel. The dealer also checked with Mercedes engineering and found that, indeed, you just need to unplug the microphone to defeat the automatic volume control. I have an appointment to have that done (along with an oil change!)... I'll post as to whether or not it is successful...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.